Skip to main content

Handiwork Developments

The cat blanket is finally finished.  I got the ends sewn in, and it's on the couch....out of the closet and into good use.



It didn't take long for Tiger to find it.  Most of the time all the animals congregate around the wood stove, but Tiger must be enjoying his new cozy spot.  It helps keep the cat hair off the back of the couch, and I use these small projects to learn new patterns or stitches.


I had one lonely knitted dishcloth that I also found tucked in a tote bag.  I try to have one small project on hand for a "go-to" to take in the car for longer trips.  I went ahead and finished it anyway.  



I've been toting this hand towel around, and completely forgot about it.  Again, it was tucked into a "go-to" tote bag.  It's now in the master bath, being used.

These are not very exciting pieces, but it feels good to finally catch up on all those endeavors.  


I managed to get three more hearts made for one of the kitchen tables (the last one needs ends sewn in yet).  Now, that center piece (dishcloth) needs replaced.  Hm.  I'll be digging through my yarn stash today.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
The cat blanket is a BEAUTIFUL pattern!

Yep, finishing up all those not so "glamourous" projects does give one a good feeling! Why is it so much more fun and interesting to start a project than to finish it? ;o)
Kim said…
Glad to see all these finished projects cause it means you are spending some time resting and enjoying yourself.
Mary said…
Cats love high perches, and the blanket probably makes his favorite perch feel special and extra cozy for him. My daughter's cat Tony always curls up on quilts and blankets. I'm teaching myself to crochet, and have been crocheting pieces to practice stitches and getting the tension right and unraveling them. Maybe I should make a few of these cat blankets for Tony.
Mama Pea, you are right. It's much more fun to start than get one finished, ha ha! I just found another dishcloth I need to finish too.
Kim, it has been nice to curl up and watch movies and get those projects finished. I need to get more completed this month.
Mary, the cat blankets are definitely a fun way to practice stitches with.
Unknown said…
How cute! AND I LOVE your new header! Nice photos of your place :)
Thanks Nancy. The second photo in from the left is actually not from our place, but it was on my header for years. So many people said they liked it so I kept it on there. It is an old house about an hour from our place. I may have to mix up the photos every now and then and share new ones. I'm glad you like it, I was afraid to start messing with it, ha ha!
Sam I Am...... said…
For the cat? It's so pretty...no wonder she loves it...who wouldn't. Have you ever tried those Pledge rollers that pick up animals hair? I bought one several years back and they work great and although meant to be disposable I have been able to clean it out and keep using it. It's the best thing I've found yet.
I love your washcloth, towel, and hearts too. I've had the urge to "finish" lately which is SO great as I usually am more of a starter than a finisher! LOL! Have a great week!
Sam I Am...... said…
P.S. Love your new header too!
Sam I am, the cat blankets keep the cat hair in one place. I can simply swap it with another, and wash it. I'm glad you love the header. I was worried I'd mess it up, ha ha!
RB said…
These are lovely. We have many blankets and afgans over our couches too. We change them with others daily because if we didn't, it wouldn't take long for the cat hairs to accumulate to massive quantities.
Kristina, do you make the wash cloths and hand towels out of cotton yarn instead of wool or acrylic blends. Seems like if they weren't done in cotton, they wouldn't be very absorbent, so what do you use?

God bless.

RB
<><
RB said…
P.S. - I like your new header/stationary too. It's very vibrant, really cheerful and wakes one up when reading your daily news.

God bless.

RB
<><
RB, I have made all my washcloths using 4 ply 100% cotton yarn, but a few years ago, I found 2 ply, making hand towels thinner than the 4 ply. So the yellow hand towel is 2 ply 100% cotton. I love it. I just wish I could locate the 2 ply in more color options. Thanks for the comments on the header.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart