Skip to main content

Fall Color ~ Clothesline

While walking to the mailbox, I noticed my snapdragons are adding some vibrant fall color to the flower beds.


The tree leaves continue to fall into the flower beds, but the flowers are still holding on.

This fall weather has been very nice this year.  It seems to last a bit longer than last season.


Porch time is wonderful this time of year, aside from crop bugs lingering on warm days.


Thankfully, there has not been another sighting of the raccoon.   Mr. spider got the memo and left too.  


It's a good day to put my laundry outside today, so bedding is on the agenda.  Now that my garden is almost coming to a complete halt, I am filling up my work time with more deep cleaning.  It's those little things that I could not clean during gardening season - light fixtures, door jams, dust, dust, dust.   The weatherman tells us it will be a cool lower 50's today, but breezy.

Hubby's friends who drive by all winter, often inquire about why I put laundry out in winter.  They sometimes ask "do you make her do that?"  Ha ha.  

This month our electric bill was only $84.88.  It's been lower than that too.  Putting our laundry out year round is essential to a lower electric bill.  We have the highest in our area.  I don't mind it anyway.  It's a chance for me to get fresh air and be outside for a bit in the winter.

The dogs enjoy putting laundry out too.  All I have to do is say the "L" word and they all come running to go out with me.  

Every once in a while, I do dry the bedding in the dryer, to remove allergens, but 99% of the time it's dried by nature.

Kind of a boring post today, but I have no exciting news or family funnies today.  

Remember all that mustard sauce I canned? Well tonight's dinner is simply organic chicken pieces placed in my crocky, topped with a jar of sauce.  We'll eat it over brown rice, along with some veggies.  If I have time, and enough eggs, I might even bake a dessert to go with it.

Comments

Susan said…
When my dryer died, I did not replace it. I much prefer air-dried clothes. It might take a little longer and not always be convenient, but they smell wonderful - winter or summer!
Susan, my bedroom smelled so good last night. I love that smell.
Sam I Am...... said…
Just be careful it doesn't cause arthritis in your hands hanging out wet clothes in the winter. You could hang in the house and that would add needed humidity inthe Winter. Just a thought.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart