Skip to main content

Soothing Remedy for Sore Throats

If spring weather is giving you a sore throat, make yourself some sore throat ice pops. They're not just for kids.  This recipe comes in handy for fall flu and sore throats any time of the year.


You can make them with about any tea and juice you prefer.  I have not made them with ginger tea, but that sounds good too.

Here is how I make them:

Sore Throat Ice Pops
1/4 cup water, boiling
1 teabag, your choice
1 Tbsp. honey
1/2 cup juice, your choice

Boil 1/4 of water and brew one teabag covered (about 4-5 minutes).  Remove the teabag, and allow to cool.  Stir in 1 Tbsp. honey and 1/2 cup of juice.

Fill an ice cube tray with the mixture, to the size of cubes you'd prefer.  Allow to freeze. 

I only have standard ice cube trays, but I am sure somewhere in this world you can buy ones to make different shapes (if you prefer).

I like to add extra orange juice for added Vitamin C.   

Update:  You can make these without the teabag, and they work (and taste) just as good.  So far our favorite flavor is using organic blackberry juice, honey, and a bit of orange juice (not using the brewed tea).

Comments

Michelle said…
I pinned this. It will really come in handy this coming winter. Thanks for sharing.
RB said…
Michelle said she pinned this.
I'd love to know how to pin your recipes to Pinterest. How does one do that?
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, you can create an account with https://www.pinterest.com/ and then pin it to your own "pinterest"

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart