Skip to main content

Cupcake

This is the story of how my 14 year-old daughter just got the nickname of "Cupcake."

After homecoming last weekend, she opted to go home with a friend and stay the night (so she could shower too).  We, at the time had no hot water.  The dance ended at midnight.

The next day, Hubby was to pick her up around 4pm.  He was not home by then, and called me.


I drove over, and my instincts told me "do not pull all the way in that drive or you'll get stuck."

I did not follow that instinct.  

While backing out, I felt the car slide to the left.  I knew.

The snow was up to the floor board.  I sent my daughter up to the door for a shovel.  However, she disappeared for a while.  While I sat there and waited impatiently, I called Hubby.  He told me to turn of my traction control by pushing the button.  I did.  However, later he never told me I had to hold the blasted button down until the light went away either, so the stinkin' traction control kept coming on....

Anyway, her friend's parents came out, and we tried shoveling and such.  We got backed out a short way, but it wasn't working (hence the traction control issue).  They ended up pulling me out with their 4-wheel drive Jeep.  

Later that night, my daughter and I were discussing my demise with Hubby.  She told us that while she was inside the house, and I was sitting in my car stuck, she was inside eating a cupcake.  

Hmpf!  "Are you kidding me?!"

A cupcake!

There you have it.  Her nickname is cupcake.  And I will forever remind her.  That's what mother's do.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
She was just sitting inside eating a cupcake? I am obviously not as nice as you. I would have been tempted to call her something not as nice and sweet as "Cupcake!"
Candy C. said…
Silly child! And Cupcake shall be her name forevermore! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart