Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Break


"Honey?  Remember I told you I felt the driver's side was lower than the passenger's?"

When one car gets fixed, another breaks down.  Hubby is lucky to get his truck back home.  I can't remember the part he had to replace, but he (and my son) got it completely fixed by nightfall. Yay!


While they fixed the truck, I spent a few hours cutting up nylon netting for dish scrubbies. The kids are finding things to keep themselves busy too, including a game they played at Thanksgiving (with their cousins).  Get this.  It's a game with styrofoam cups.  They simply swat it back at forth, while everyone sits on the floor.  That makes Christmas shopping easy - a bag of cups. Ha ha ha ha! I have to give them credit.  It did not involve electronics. Ha ha!

Although Hubby is taking today off to watch the Ohio State/Michigan game, he's working on other home projects.  One that involves my utility room and lack of storage for my appliances.  You know.....sauce maker, dehydrator, canning jars, canning pot, etc.  Plus, I am moving some of my craft supplies in there to re-organize my bedroom closet (which is our "safe room" for tornado weather).  And the "utility" room is already the "storage" room for the coats, sweeper, mop, brooms, rags, pet food, goat supplies, extra chicken and goat feed.....get my drift?  It's the last room, the only room, to store these items in.  It's just got to get figured out, and soon.

Comments

cath carbone said…
Very nice post!
Have a nice day! Cath.
Michelle said…
I hate it when one of our cars break down. Glad it hear it was nothing really bad.
RB said…
Hi -
Wondering what the chicken is sitting in. Looks like a dryer inside, not that I'd find that unusual. We had one that refused to sit anywhere but in a dresser drawer of an old dresser we were trying to knock apart to burn in the backyard. Every time we took her out, she ran right back to it, so we finally put it in the hen house and just gave it to her. She used it til she died. Sweet old thing!
God bless.
RB
<><
She is actually sitting in a metal roost that we picked up for $25.00 (and old one that holds about 12 roosts for the chickens. It hangs up on the wall, and has wooded steps for them to exit either level.
RB said…
How cool! Thanks for responding.
God bless.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart