Skip to main content

How to Make Fried Egg Candy


Items you need:

I did not specify amounts for this recipe, as you can pretty much make how many you desire.  It doesn't take a lot of white chocolate to make each candy.


~white chocolate melting wafers (check the cake decorating section of your larger stores)
~stick pretzels
~yellow chocolate pieces, such as from M&M candy
~wax paper
~baking sheets (or use your tabletop)

1. Layer baking sheets (or table top surface) with waxed paper.  


2. For each fried egg, you will need two pretzel sticks.  Place two pretzels side by side, leaving a space in between each candy (pretzels will spread apart a bit when chocolate is added next).




3. Melt white chocolate over double boiler or in a microwave.  Using a spoon, carefully drop a small amount over the center top of each set of pretzels.  I did not measure.  Spoon on enough chocolate to look like eggs.  Before this chocolate hardens, press one yellow (or two for a double yolk) chocolate candy piece into the center of the white chocolate.

4. Allow the candy to cool.   Store in an air tight container.


These are great for gifting any time of the year.  We love to make them at Christmas time, and have been making them for years now.  They are fun for cookie exchanges and bake sales too.

Comments

Oh I remember these!
Haven't seen them in years. Cute.
Happy Thanksgiving...thanks for the reminder on this easy little treat. Easy for the kids to help with too.
...and fun to eat.
Love the salty sweet too. Pat
Candy C. said…
I have never seen this before! Very cute!! :)
Unknown said…
Kristina
I have never seen these before either. But I think they will be a hit if we try them. Thanks for posting.

Popular posts from this blog

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

New Recipe Tried and other Bits

  I tried a new granola recipe and boy it's good.  First, it's a recipe from Mennonite Girls and Cook, and called "Backpack Snacks" online.  It calls for granola, so I used my homemade granola that we love.  Picture is the dry ingredients. Second, I pressed the final mixture into a 9 x 9, parchment lined baking dish instead of rolling it into balls.  The color of these photos are all different, because of the time of day, and how dark the house was from the thick Canadian smoke that was still outside at the time. These cut very nicely, and were very good, straight from the refrigerator.  It was hard to eat just one of them.  I will be making this again, and switching out the peanuts with walnuts, and switching out the raisins with dates.  Oh my!  The binder is honey and peanut butter. These are perfect for your hiking days, camping, your grandkids, or just for snacks when you want one. The rain arrived thank goodness, and washed the smoke in...