Skip to main content

Camping in a Pop Up Camper


We haven't named "her" yet, but she's ours.  We'll be family camping, and just having a good ol' time.  She has a slide out for the table, a toilet, air conditioner, refrigerator, stove that can be moved to outside or inside, and an outside shower.  She sleeps 7-8 (6 adults comfortably).



Remember these placemats I bought at a thrift store a year ago or so?  He he!  They are packed into a vintage suit case, along with vintage tablecloths, bedding....


....and along with this vintage hand towel I bought for $1.00.


Another, way-back-in-the-day, purchase was this vintage Samsonite case.  It's in great shape, and I paid $3.00 for it.


 (mirror adjusted upward)

(mirror adjusted flat inside lid)

It's going in the camper too.  I just have to fill it.  The mirror is adjustable, and works.  The zipper bag, on the inside is in great shape, and snaps in place. I think this may end up storing our first aid kit.  I'm not sure yet.  So many choices for us right now.

We are having so much fun just talking about re-designing the inside too.  We hope to transform the colors with new coverings and curtains.  And of course, with used and older models, some repairs need to be done too.

Hubby would like to design the inside with a coca-cola theme.  We do have lots of things we can put in the camper too, but the kids are thumbs down on that idea.  I may just cave and go along with it.  Maybe I won't take a vote on this, and just design whatever decor I would like in it.   Decisions, decisions.....

It needs a spare tire cover too.  We have all talked about what we would like.  My 11 year-old wants one with a cat on it (figures), Hubby wants a plain white one (too boring), and I want one that says "Is it Island Time?" (okay so it is kind of dorky).  The "hippie" in me likes the ones with peace signs on them too.  

Oh the fun we will have.

Inside photos coming soon! 


(pop up camper we previously borrowed.  Decor is a simple $1.00 valance from a thrift store)

Look what else we have!  All fun cookbooks for campfire cooking, dutch oven and cast iron cooking, and even cooking on a stick. 





Comments

Kim said…
How fun to have a new camper to deal with. I think you should make your own and let the "artist son" paint it for the family. I'll bet he could take everyones ideas and make it wonderful. And surround it with "The Smiths" "Ohio"
Candy C. said…
My ex and I used to have a pop-up camper but it wasn't nearly as nice as yours! You guys are gonna have so much fun and I can't wait to see what decor theme you end up going with! :)
How exciting!
I can't wait to see the inside and all the decorating you do.
I personally love the lace clothes pinned to the back window!
You find fun in the most imaginative ways!
Pat
Unknown said…
Congrats! Purty. That's great that you can afford to buy one, and fit it out. We usually go tent camping and it is a pain, literally. We've wanted to buy one before, but our house needs so much work, maybe when we "retire" (whatever that is)!
Anonymous said…
I am so jealous! :D I love camping but the tent thing is growing a bit old, along with me, lol! I've always wanted a popup feeling they were the best of both worlds but they are so darn expensive... hmmm, need a popup fairy :D
I know you are going to have a ball decorating it and can't wait to see before and after pics!
Have a fabulous time...
Hugs,
Beth P
Michelle said…
Can't wait to see what you do to the inside. We bought a 5th wheel which a course I had to redo. It was so much fun.There is so much you can do to a camper. Have fun!
Liz said…
You and your family will have so much fun with that camper! I can't wait to see how you decorate it. sounds like lots of great ideas.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart