Skip to main content

Clothes Dryer


Here is a photo of the clothes dryer (drying rack, whatever you want to call it), that my Mom and cousin picked up for me.  They happened to be in the right place and the right time.

 The price tag reads $58.95.

They paid $30.00.  You can tell it's handmade (most likely by Amish), and is about 6 feet tall when put up to it's highest setting.

I love the fact they put these rods at the very bottom for support.  All of my smaller ones (metal and wood) start to wobble side to side after months of use.

Comments

Great drying rack.
I have one that was given to me. I love using it. I don't think mine is as sturdy as yours...
But I've used it next to the wood stove in the winter. I think it's great.

Pat
Liz said…
This what I use to dry my homeade egg noodles on. I also have one in the basement for drying my sweaters. Yours is awesome!
Anonymous said…
Very nice. I have one of those really dinky ones that wobble! And I don't have a clothes dryer! Someday maybe hubby will make me one like this. And in the meantime our clothes often spend time on hangers on the door frames and edges of the bunk beds!
Anonymous said…
Very nice. I have one of those really dinky ones that wobble! And I don't have a clothes dryer! Someday maybe hubby will make me one like this. And in the meantime our clothes often spend time on hangers on the door frames and edges of the bunk beds!
Anonymous said…
I had one of those once upon a time but not anywhere near as nice as yours. I'm currently hoping for an outdoor clothes line strung between the trees at the side of my yard out by the old stone wall that divides the formal garden space from the forest spaces!
Happy clothes drying!
Hugs,
Beth P
P.S. How are you feeling? getting back to yourself I hope!
Winnie said…
That is one awesome drying rack! Perfect for rainy days, and a host of other uses! I like the idea of using it for drying homemade noodles too. This was a true find!
Beansieleigh said…
Wow.. Nice deal! I used to have a cheaper one in wood, and you guessed it.. It wore out and fell apart.
RB said…
Our Grandmother used one of these to dry her homemade noodles, and I've seen some people also use them to dry herbs.

Our sister still keeps one in her bathtub to dry used towels with before they're tossed in the hamper.

God bless.

RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart