Skip to main content

Spring Birds

My son gifted me this over a year ago.  I had good intentions of hanging it in the tree in front of the front porch.  However, I did not.  I'm thinking, due to it's size, I will put it by my back porch, in hopes to lure in some more wrens.  Their song is so beautiful.  Hubby says no.  He wants it to stay inside to enjoy (never thought I'd hear him say that!).  I have a similar one I left out all winter (that lights up inside during the night), and has weathered well.  Decisions, decisions....


Today it's cloudy, but no rain.  I have lots of laundry to do, as the girls waited until they ran out of clothes before bringing it all downstairs.  The temperatures will be up in the 60's this weekend.

Hubby and I stopped to walk through a thrift store yesterday.  I'll have a few items to share with you next week.  I also have one more item that was in the box sent by my Aunt.  I should have photos to share that as well.

Have a great weekend!  




Comments

Liz said…
That is so cute! I would have a hard time hanging it outside too!
So cute!
I'd hang it. Life is too short to miss the little wrens. :) Pat
Sam I Am...... said…
It is cute and the birds would wreck it! I'm with hubby on this one.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart