Skip to main content

Awesome Auntie Mail


My Aunt sent me a box full of fun and family history.  The blanket was crocheted by my Great Aunt, the wooden spools are all from my own mother's sewing supplies (that were given to my Aunt, and now to me), and the other items are from my Aunt's friend and from an antique store.  The doilies are already underneath my wooden candle stands.   The blue embroidered placemats and napkins will be used for "date night" with Hubby, the pillow case will be used on our bed, and the blanket will definitely be used.  I have a plan for the spools too, but want to put good use to the thread on each one too.

My family history project has begun as well.  All the letters, stories, and photos will be organized over the next few years....more on that later.

Comments

That is such a pretty crocheted blanket. I love getting little treasures like this. It is so nice to know the history behind each little bit...
Always a new project with you!
Have fun with it...
Pat
EMMA said…
What a lovely box of goodies your aunt sent you.
Looking forward to some glimpses of your family history project, bet there are some great pictures and stories in there...
Denise said…
What a beautiful package to get in the mail! The afghan almost looks like a wool one like my grandma made. Can't wait to see what you do with the spools. I have tons and need some ideas ;)
Michelle said…
I love things that are passed down from family members. I have a lot of them around my house. They bring back a lot of memoirs when I see them, they just make me smile.
Winnie said…
What a wonderful gift to you!! Family treasures are so meaningful and sweet to have now in your home.
Sam I Am...... said…
You hit the jackpot! All gorgeous and with family links it couldn't be more special...congrats! I wish my children appreciated stuff like that.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart