Skip to main content

Soap Making Day ~ Beautiful Sunset

Just a regular day for me.  Make a 5 gallon bucket of laundry detergent, and a container of dishwasher detergent. I now make it with grated goat's milk soap (unscented) that my daughter makes here.


Had to drive to the vet for Jesse again.  That infection is back in his paw again.  We are pretty sure it never completely healed.  We have no idea what happened to it, and the vet recommended another prescription.  Thankfully, it was only $7.20, and we didn't need a vet visit this time.

Nursed a day of the sniffles, and downed some elderberry extract.  Jesse and I spent some time on the couch together.

I'm sharing a snapshot of a recent sunset here the other day. 


And one of the moon, on the same night.
 

Comments

Candy C. said…
How neat that you can use your homemade soap for making laundry soap!
Poor Jesse, I hope this will fix the infection.
Great shot of the moon and the sunset is beautiful!! :)
Unknown said…
Oh my, hope you both feel better..Vet costs for me since Pal got ill on xmas eve..*sigh* I probably could have bought a used car..all be it a clunker..but still..
mary
EMMA said…
Pour Jesse, I hope his paw is going to be OK. He's in good hands.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart