Skip to main content

Kid Funny ~ More Frozen Pipes

"You'll all need to go get a jug of sink water in the other bathroom to brush your teeth," I told the kids since the pipes were froze (again).

"Be careful for what you wish for," said my 11 year-old daughter.  "Yesterday I was just saying that I wanted to go camping.  I feel like we're camping."





Blondie finally got a nicely warm turn out blanket, to cover her.  Golly, I'm so thankful for that.  She's looking better and better every day, and even the hair around her neck appears healthier and thicker.  Her foot seems to be getting better also.

I'm praying that the water pipes do not have any damage during this cold spell.  They seem to warm up later in the evening, but I still worry when the water starts to flow again.  Say a little prayer we don't have damage.
  

While my oldest daughter was shoveling frozen horse poo, her dog Sadie was having a blast playing with the ice that was knocked out of the buckets.  Silly dog.  
 

Comments

Is that a black lab?
This is the 3 or so black lab that I know of that likes to eat ice!
One family makes that their dogs treat in the summer. He loves it!

I totally agree with frozen pipes, no water, feels like camping. I had that same feeling when the water heater broke. We had to boil water to bathe...and no showers! True. just like camping...LOL!

Oh, I am praying that you don't have damage to the pipes. Hang in there. Pat
Michelle said…
My dog loves to eat ice. I will say a pray that your pipes aren't damaged. Glad to hear your horse is better.
Candy C. said…
I'm glad Blondie is doing better! Isn't it amazing what a little food will do?
I hope all your pipes are okay. I'm so glad we happened to be AT the barn when the pipe thawed out so that we could shut the water off right away.
Unknown said…
We are also bone cold, but not as bad as you, so never had to deal with frzen pipes...don't really want to either..fingers crossed for you!
Unknown said…
Hope your pipes are ok! Have you tried heat tape, not sure if it would work?
Sam I Am...... said…
When we lose power they say to open your cupboard doors where the pipes are and also leave the faucet to drip a bit so the pipes don't freeze. I did that during our outage a few years back when I had no electric for 8 days but then it's not as cold down here but also the pipes aren't buried very deep like in the North. Hope this helps! You'll know if you have damage because they'll burst!

Popular posts from this blog

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

New Recipe Tried and other Bits

  I tried a new granola recipe and boy it's good.  First, it's a recipe from Mennonite Girls and Cook, and called "Backpack Snacks" online.  It calls for granola, so I used my homemade granola that we love.  Picture is the dry ingredients. Second, I pressed the final mixture into a 9 x 9, parchment lined baking dish instead of rolling it into balls.  The color of these photos are all different, because of the time of day, and how dark the house was from the thick Canadian smoke that was still outside at the time. These cut very nicely, and were very good, straight from the refrigerator.  It was hard to eat just one of them.  I will be making this again, and switching out the peanuts with walnuts, and switching out the raisins with dates.  Oh my!  The binder is honey and peanut butter. These are perfect for your hiking days, camping, your grandkids, or just for snacks when you want one. The rain arrived thank goodness, and washed the smoke in...