Skip to main content

Kid Funny ~ More Frozen Pipes

"You'll all need to go get a jug of sink water in the other bathroom to brush your teeth," I told the kids since the pipes were froze (again).

"Be careful for what you wish for," said my 11 year-old daughter.  "Yesterday I was just saying that I wanted to go camping.  I feel like we're camping."





Blondie finally got a nicely warm turn out blanket, to cover her.  Golly, I'm so thankful for that.  She's looking better and better every day, and even the hair around her neck appears healthier and thicker.  Her foot seems to be getting better also.

I'm praying that the water pipes do not have any damage during this cold spell.  They seem to warm up later in the evening, but I still worry when the water starts to flow again.  Say a little prayer we don't have damage.
  

While my oldest daughter was shoveling frozen horse poo, her dog Sadie was having a blast playing with the ice that was knocked out of the buckets.  Silly dog.  
 

Comments

Is that a black lab?
This is the 3 or so black lab that I know of that likes to eat ice!
One family makes that their dogs treat in the summer. He loves it!

I totally agree with frozen pipes, no water, feels like camping. I had that same feeling when the water heater broke. We had to boil water to bathe...and no showers! True. just like camping...LOL!

Oh, I am praying that you don't have damage to the pipes. Hang in there. Pat
Michelle said…
My dog loves to eat ice. I will say a pray that your pipes aren't damaged. Glad to hear your horse is better.
Candy C. said…
I'm glad Blondie is doing better! Isn't it amazing what a little food will do?
I hope all your pipes are okay. I'm so glad we happened to be AT the barn when the pipe thawed out so that we could shut the water off right away.
Unknown said…
We are also bone cold, but not as bad as you, so never had to deal with frzen pipes...don't really want to either..fingers crossed for you!
Unknown said…
Hope your pipes are ok! Have you tried heat tape, not sure if it would work?
Sam I Am...... said…
When we lose power they say to open your cupboard doors where the pipes are and also leave the faucet to drip a bit so the pipes don't freeze. I did that during our outage a few years back when I had no electric for 8 days but then it's not as cold down here but also the pipes aren't buried very deep like in the North. Hope this helps! You'll know if you have damage because they'll burst!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart