Skip to main content

A Cow?


Meet another journal I have - the dream journal.  I warned you all.  I'm definitely a journal junkie.  It's not the most written in either.  Most of the time I can't remember the dream very long after waking up.  It's looking rather boring too,  don't ya' think?  I really do need to make a cover for it. 

I woke up the other day, from another odd dream.  I must be delirious, so I checked my forehead for any signs of a fever.

Nope.  No fever. 

Hubby was still home and getting for work.

"Uh, I just had a dream we got a cow," I said clearing my parched throat and dealing with congestion.

So....that dream went right into the journal before I forgot.  It was so strange too.  A farmer nearby had a cow, but wasn't taking care of it, according to one of my daughter's.

"Mom!  We have to do something!  she screamed at me.  "He can't be feeding it!  Have you heard it moo lately?  she screamed in panic, and worried about the care of it.

Yep.  That's the kind of dream it was.  So, in my dream, we go talk to the farmer, and find out he doesn't want the cow.   So we take it.  

And then I woke up.  

I know, Earth shattering news, right?  Not the most intersting blog post yet.

The dreaded cough has set in now.  I wonder what the next dream will be about. 
 

Comments

Unknown said…
You dreamed you started to be healthy!
Candy C. said…
I'll bet it was related to what you guys are going through with your daughter's horse.
I just found a homemade cough syrup recipe that uses onion, garlic and honey. Sounds like it should really work! The name of the blog was Nifty Thrifty Bits if you want to check it out.
I have those weird crazy dreams.
I haven't written them down in years...but I used to.
I decided it was pointless. Because then I'd waste time trying to understand the meaning.

I do keep a notebook next to the bed to write down project, organizing, and craft or decorating ideas into it...when my mind won't shut off at night.

I guess that's a journal of sorts. :)Pat
Sam I Am...... said…
I dream a lot and remember most and write it in my journal when I do which is the first thing (after bathroom and coffee) that I do when I get up. There are some that are so vivid and memorable that I take them as a "sign" of something. I've been having lots of dreams about the past and not the happy parts either so I am taking it as a reminder to not go down that road again. Sometimes I think it's just the last thing we read before we drifted off to sleep or the t.v. show that was on or even some issues that came up during the day that your subconscious works on for you while you sleep but only you can determine which it might be. That's my take on dreams anyway...not an exact science that's for sure! I can't wait to see now if a cow appears in your life!
caprejan said…
I wish I could commit myself to do a journal I get as far as the second page and forget to do it.
Have you ever looked at Ro Bruhn blog, her journals are fantastic, do take a look they are such an inspiration.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart