Skip to main content

Sharing another gift....and a Sunday Ramble

I can finally share two starfish dishcloths I gifted to my mother.  She received these yesterday.  They are thick enough to be table top/counter hot pads as well.  The pattern is free on-line.  I'll post the link as soon as I locate it again.


Starfish Dishcloth Pattern (pdf): http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LC2272_0.pdf
 

 I also gifted her a crocheted pair of earrings.  Each family received a knitted dishcloth in their box of homemade goodies as well.  Here is the free on-line pattern:  Dainty Earrings

 We had a fun gathering at my brother's house, and came home with lots of goodies - local coffee, wine, hot chocolates, teas and the game Mad Gab.  We had lots of fun giving it a try.  We may have to play it again today yet.

We've had a most difficult week this week, with my daughter and her boyfriend in the car accident, the horrific loss and burial of Gus, the long hours of searching for Tiger, and so forth.  Yesterday was a nice break from stressful times.


Birthday Today!
 
Today the sun is shining, and we are celebrating the 11th birthday of our youngest daughter.  I can still remember bringing her home from the hospital on Christmas Eve Day.  We have a tradition of hanging streamers in their bedroom doorway, blowing up balloons and making a birthday cake with homemade decorator's frosting.  

Fox On The Run

This morning, as I was making a pot of coffee, I happened to look out my window.  There on the road, was a lone fox, running north.  It was literally running on the road.  There were no cars at the time either.  We are concerned we may have a fox den nearby.
  



Comments

Candy C. said…
Happy, happy birthday to your daughter!! :)
I love those dishcloths, very cute, and the earrings are beautiful!
EMMA said…
I love those crochet dishcloths, will definitely give them a try when you post the pattern.
Enjoy your daughters birthday and christmas with your family.
Joyeux Noel.
Nancy Jo said…

Hi Kris,
Merry Christmas to you and your Family. I really hope better times are ahead, you have had your share of trouble.
Looks like you have made a lot of cute gifts for Christmas, hand mades are always so nice.
Snow nd cold here so a White Christmas for sure.
Nancy Jo
Kim said…
We love the game Mad Gab. The kids are better at it than we are!! But its a hoot and a half.
caprejan said…
I just wanted to wish you lots of happiness, love and peace to you and family this Christmas and for the New Year, love to read your blog. Happy Birthday to your daughterx
Katmom said…
Oh Kris,,, how Blessed we are to have such wonderful memories...and just think,,, 2013 we get to make more!
Farmgirl hugz and have a very Happy New Year.
>^..^<

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart