Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, November 15, 2012

What I am Reading ~ My Morning Coffee


This Way of Life
 Reflections of 800 country women who express a speical philosophy that comes from down-to-earth living.

A Countryside Living Book

Complied and Edited by Maude Longwell 

One person writes about the school bus being a "monster."  That one really made me laugh.



I was surprised to see my 10 year-old making coffee this morning.  She not only set the pot to brew, but poured me a a special cup, in my special cup.

The cup was bought at a village, where the school took a field trip.  They have demonstrations for glass blowing, basket weaving etc.

She added peppermint mocha creamer and topped it with whipped cream!  Mmmmm!  I just may have to make a second pot of coffee after they are off to school (tee hee!).  Don't worry, we switched to half-caff coffee recently.  So that means I can have twice the amount, right? (ha ha ha!)

There were a few requests to see more of my key chain collection, so I'll try to dig a few out next week. 

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

I love your special coffee cup! I broke one of my favorite coffee cups recently, waahhhh!!