Skip to main content

Tea Time in Tanganyika

It's been stressful the last few weeks.  Sorry for the lack of postings.  When there is nothing good to post about, I don't feel like posting anything.

When I am stressed beyond belief, when I can't think without my head pounding.....I think of the way my Dad would handle it - Tea Time in Tanganyika. 

He was (and is) always good and staying calm in any situation that involves chaos, strife, the devil trying to tear my family apart, and so forth.

Thanks for hanging on and following.  I hope to have a more interesting update soon.



In the meantime, here is another key chain of mine.  It's a mini pink boxing glove.  The color is faded, as it used to hang out in the open.  The last time I counted my collection, I had over 400.  Wowzers is right....

The weather is warm today, the birds are singing, and the windows are open.  I'm drowning out the engines of bulldozers working down the road, using jazz music today.

 

Comments

Candy C. said…
I hope things settle down for you soon! {{{HUGS}}}

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart