Skip to main content

Sewing Wonderful






I finished my hot pads.  These were fun to make.  I have been wanting to practice some cross stitch embroidery, and this was my chance.  I also used up some scrap material.  Hubby will be glad the "pile" is shrinking.

I'll post the other pattern tomorrow.  I had to take another daughter to the doctor, who also ran a fever most of the day and night.  This crazy weather (80° one day and 50° the next) is most likely causing our bad allergy issues and the spread of viruses from their public school.  

No baby goat(s) yet...my daughter said "any day now."

Comments

That is really cute. I grew up with Chichen scratch tablecothes. But this hot plate is really ideal.
Beansieleigh said…
Oh, I have done chicken scratch before, YEARS ago; but this would be SO CUTE in my kitchen! I'll have to see if I can dig out some red gingham from my stash!.. Hope you're enjoying your day! ~tina
Cute little hot pad and great work on the cross-stitching...hadn't done any myself in years.
I've recently acquired all my mother in-loves embroidery stash...there are tons of prepackaged sets and thread, ...I should organize it all and get ready to settle into stitching once the 100° temps get here.

Hope everyone is soon well at your place. Y'all have sure had your share of illness since I've met you; Y'all need a 'health'break!

~Pat
Candy C. said…
Hope your daughter is feeling better, this weather doesn't help at ALL!!
Michelle said…
What a cute idea.
Sam I Am...... said…
How did I miss these? LOL! They are darling...what do you use in the middle for heat resistance? anything special?
Oh, also,,,,I use castile soap that I grate but I'm curious too what the other gal uses. This last time I used Yardley English lavendar from Wal-Mart. It was less than a dollar a bar and it already had the scent but looked pretty pure otherwise.
I used 2 pieces of insulbright in the center (I found it at Jo-Ann Fabrics, sold by the yard).

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart