Skip to main content

Ring Bling ~ One Writer's Muse

Who knew that a gift from my mother would also be my inspiration to write?  For years, "ring bling" has been my writing muse, along with a secluded place.


On the left is my grandmother's ring, in the center my mother's ring, and on the right, another vintage spoon ring (also my mother's).  


I love these unique rings.  They not only have family ties, but are so fun to wear. 


On the far left is my fun, department store bling.  My 10 year-old also uses ring bling for her writing inspiration.  These rings are on one of my mother's vintage hankies.

I think I'll spend time writing today....

Yesterday I made a trip to the grocery store.  I came home and filled small lunch size containers with fresh pineapple, grapes, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.

I also filled bags with pistachio nuts, almonds, and bought organic raisins.

Now I can finally break the kids of grabbing store bought granola bars for breakfast.  I stopped buying them, but cannot make them myself every day, so I stocked  up on fruit.  Now the kids, hubby and myself, can grab a healthy snack "to go."

Although I am not keen on buying plastic lunch bags, it will have to work for now.  I need to invest in more reusable containers.


This morning, I heard one daughter screaming in delight.  She was thrilled to have healthy food already packaged up for a trip to school.


Yesterday, my daughter and son, placed cement blocks out for the billy goat to stand on.  He was so tickled to get them, that my daughter had to have my son hold him off, so she could place the blocks together.  When I heard that Orion (billy goat) was thrilled, I went out with my camera to snap some photos.  


However, he was already tucked away in his shed and was not about to come back out for me.  On my walk back up to the house . . .

....I snapped these photos.  Each one in another direction.  It was light out, so the back ground on the moon is interesting.  The jet was pretty neat to see too.  Next time, I plan to take a tripod out and get better photos.


A year of quotes:
"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking."  ~ Earl Wilson

Comments

Candy C. said…
I love your rings displayed on your mother's vintage hankie! :)
The moon and plane photos turned out great!
labbie1 said…
I like the way that you used the hankie to display the rings rather than stowing them away in a jewelry box. It shows they are treasured and loved.

Those photos are wonderful. You must have hit "The Blue Hour"--a time when you don't see the blue but your camera picks it up and creates stunning photos! If you want to know when your blue hour is you can go here http://www.bluehoursite.com/ Have a great day!
Unknown said…
I used the snack size baggies a lot for our 3 kids. Quick to fill and have on hand, and can toss in a backpack, etc. for the day...
great ideas for the healthy snack battle!
I did this same thing when my kids were home. I must say, when I started doing it- I wasn't using healthy snacks...I was buying big bags of potato chips and other UNhealthy things and would divi them up. I started this way to help with portion control. Once I got them used to that...THEN I SWITCHED TO HEALTHY!
baby steps. one thing at a time.

pictures looked great.
~Pat
RUA2J said…
I get my re-usable containers at the Dollar Tree! You get 2-3 depending on the size & they are just like the more expensive ones!
Sam I Am...... said…
Wonderful pictures! How did you get them so good...I tried taking pictures at night and it did not work at all! Those are just awesome!
I am able to take nice photos due to the camera I have (Canon).

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart