Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Buckwheat Waffles ~ Thrift Store Find

I made these buckwheat flour waffles for the family, and they were delicious.  The kids love to top these with natural peanut butter.  

A week ago or so, I found a set of TV trays with stands, at our local thrift store.  


I spent the afternoon cleaning the trays on my front porch.  These are wider than your normal TV tray and will be helpful with meals on the porch, and to take camping.  I had planned to spray paint the stands on these, but I may just leave them as they are.


I spent time reading a book of writing prompts, and got a laugh out of some of them.  The kids and I shared quick and short verbal stories with these.  I do have a notebook to hand write these in, but would love to "jazz" it up with a fun cover.....adding yet another project to my "project" list (ha ha ha!).



While cleaning a bit in my room, I noticed that I left two flowers pressed in my flower press (from last summer/fall).  I really enjoyed looking through my scrapbook of wild flowers, and adding the last two to it.  I plan to add more this summer.



5 comments:

Brittany said...

If they were mine, I would leave them like they are. Even if they have a few imperfections, to me that just adds to the beauty of it. I love the flower pattern! Very pretty!

Candy C. said...

Glad you are enjoying your warmer weather! I love your flower scrapbook! :)

Denise said...

I love those TV trays!

Nancy Jo said...

Kris,
I press leaves and whatever too. I should go get my big book and have a look at them its been awhile.
Tv tables will come in handy for you . There are a couple sets at the estate house my daughter and I have been working at. Seems everybody at a set at one time.
Warm here today, Richard and I were sitting on the front porch, never do that in March.
Nancy Jo

larkspur funny farm said...

Wonderful TV Trays and I love them the way they are.. but they are now yours to love anyway you wish.