Skip to main content

After the flood


You can see the mud splatters on my daffodils.  The sun is shining and the flooding is over.


Short post today.....15 year-old daughter has been running a 102° fever all weekend.  


Have a Blessed Day!

Comments

Brittany said…
I hope your daughter gets well soon. Lovely pictures!
Katmom said…
Glad you didn't sustain any serious water damage and just think of the green & blooms you will have come later in Spring...
Candy C. said…
I hope your daughter is doing better! I love the daffodils, mud splatters and all!
Sending your daughter healing thoughts. I know Mother Nature is not playing nicely with any of us - Chin up and keep going.. It is our only way to show Mother Nature we are strong.
Unknown said…
Glad the flooding is over. Rained/snowed all day yesterday, cold but sun's out today!
EMMA said…
Your daffodils are lovely even splattered in mud. Hope your daughter is feeling better.
Sam I Am...... said…
What flood? Where? Were you affected? I know we have flood warnings every Spring but so far so good here.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart