Skip to main content

Full Moon and Other Tidbits

I attempted to photograph the sunrise this morning, however, I ended up catching another moon photo.

It was just starting to go down behind the trees.  I missed the sunrise by running back to get my camera.  The pink clouds were so pretty this morning.  Maybe I'll get a another chance to get a picture of it this winter.

Although I now I should be writing out my seed orders for the garden, I keep taking an inventory over my projects.  The most important ones to finish this winter, will be Christmas presents.  Those are a must to finish now.  Summer gardening, as large as our family is, will be very time consuming this year.

If you have a chance, stop on over to my S.C.R.A.P. blog. . .

I was inspired by another blog I follow, and with her mini-wreath pattern, we created a S.C.R.A.P. Cereal Box Gift Tag. 


Cereal boxes can be recycled in most cities now, but you can use any food box you may have also.  Or use the cardboard from light bulb boxes, clothing, curtains, etc.

I am now on day 4 of trying a herbal oil mix for our immune system.  I am simmering it so that the entire house can benefit from it.  So far, we are seeing results.  Instead of being irritable with sinus pressure, we are seeing many runny noses - the same results of some over the counter allergy medications.  I am also using garlic oil drops for my ear.  I am on day 4 of those too.  I still don't have my hearing totally clear yet, but continue to use the oil.  By day 14 I will know if they worked or not.

Comments

Candy C. said…
What an AWESOME picture of the moon! I'm kinda glad you missed the sunrise! ;-)
Lisa Brawner said…
What a beautiful shot of the moon
That's a beautiful picture of the full moon!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart