Skip to main content

Finishing Up More Unfinished Projects

If you get a chance, zip on over to my S.C.R.A.P. blog to see the latest finished, re-purpose project.  It started with an old hand egg beater:

I'm working on more later today if I feel good enough.  Yesterday, I found out I have an ear infection and sinus infection.  The antibiotics are making me very sick and very tired.

Oh...and for my "list" I have added more projects (LOL!)

Last night we tried Spicy Tuna Melts, and they were a hit.  So easy and very healthy.  We had a salad for the side dish.  Tonight, I have no idea what I'll be making.  They family is counting on me, now that they've had a week of really good food.  Maybe western style ribs in the crock pot?

Comments

Oh Kristina I am so sorry you are not feeling well, feel better soon.
I am sending many warm {{{{{{HUGS}}}}
to you so catch them and wrap them around you.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb
I really like what you did with that hand egg-beater. I found one just like yours at a yard sale for $1. My dad actually uses it, and it makes him happy :) :) So it'll remain an egg-beater, for now ;) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)
EMMA said…
Tuna melts sound great, I'm looking to use lots of tuna right now as I need the cans for a project!!! oh and because it's really health too.
Sending some alpine air to clear your sinuses, get well soon.
Beansieleigh said…
Oh, those tuna melts look REALLY GOOD! I think I'm gonna try those!.. Take care of you, and feel better soon! ~tina
labbie1 said…
Two works for your sinuses--Neti Pot. Yep! It works wonders! Seriously!

The tuna sounds delish! I am heading over to check out the egg beater project.

Feel Better!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart