Skip to main content

More Handmade Ornaments

There are still so many that I have not photographed to share.  Here is one that I posted a "how to" on my S.C.R.A.P. blog:


 How to Make a Frosty the Snowman Treat Container (this project has an ornament as part of it - cute! 


How to Make a Cinnamon Stick Christmas Tree Ornament 



A styrofoam heart decoupaged with old stamps
Visit S.C.R.A.P. to get the directions.

All 15 ornament "how to's" on my S.C.R.A.P. blog. 


And even more that I have made:


Strawberries made with felt, thread, ribbon and clear beads.

Christmas tree made by sewing fabric yo-yo's together, and a bell at the bottom for a tree stem.
Note:  How to make this one is now on S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot

Mini plastic shoe, painted and embellished with glitter, and sequins.  These tiny shoes were also found at the dollar store in the wedding supplies.

Gingerbread cookie ornament made from cut pieces of craft foam and embellished with textured paints and permanent marker.

Made from shrinky dink plastic (can also be made from stencil plastic, and embellished with plastic beads and textured paints.  I made several shapes with this idea.

Strawberries made with thread and stacked beads.

Made with thread and stacking various plastic beads.

Made from plastic canvas and yarn.  It holds money.

Made from a metal frozen juice can lid, and painted with acrylic paints.  It is glued to a wooden popsicle stick and wrapped in plastic to look like a lollipop.

Made by wrapping a styrofoam ball with scrap yarn, and the needles are made from thin wooden doll rods and wooden beads.

Pink ribbon angels made from golf tees, feathers, ribbon, and beads from a pink ribbon bracelet that broke.  It's topped with a small piece of gold chenille stem.

Comments

Carolyn said…
Thank you very much for these ideas! They are beautiful and I hope to be able to make some of them with DD this year!
dr momi said…
I especially like the cinnamon stick christmas tree. Thanks for all the ideas!
Eeekkk...squeals of delight at all of your super cute homemade Christmas ornaments ;) :) Very cute :) :) Have a great week. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)
Nancy Jo said…
Oh they are all so cute! I too like the Cinnamon stick idea. You are just to handy.
Nancy Jo
Candy C. said…
Very cute! I like the cinnamon stick tree too with the buttons!
Joanne said…
Do you remember where you got the pattern for the Plastic Canvas Santa Money Holder?
Joanne, I'll look in my and see where I got it. I just have to go help with barn chores and bottle feed a few goats first. I will check for you and get back with you.
Joanne said…
Awww feeding the baby goats must be fun. Thank you I appreciate it.
Joanne, the goats are a lot of fun. I found my original ornament, and the reason I don't have a printed pattern resource, is that I made it myself. I'll be working up a post to show how I made it. Hopefully I can find a way to make easy instructions.
Joanne said…
Oh cool I look forward to seeing your instructions for it.

Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart