I'm working with a park expert and a master gardener, to identify flowers and weeds on my property. However, we are still unsure of this red colored one. I think the chickens are the reason we have it all over this year. I'm not exactly sure what it is. Unless I hear back from the experts, I may have to keep looking in books and on-line.
The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with. I made a salad and cleaned the beans. The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so. The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract. It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling. I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time. Update soon. Chit Chat © August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart
Comments
http://weedscanada.ca/images/Polyg10-long-leaved-dock.JPG
http://www.plant-biology.com/Amaranthus.jpg