Skip to main content

Hope Chests ~ Flour Sack Towels



Despite the garden keeping me extremely busy this year,
I have managed to complete 2 towels for one daughter, and start a 3rd.  I need to get cracking on the next set for my older kids.  I found horse transfer patterns for my oldest daughter.  I'm not sure what to do for my son (as I should have started with his first).   I may have him design his own for me to embroider.  I will definitely have to design goat patterns for my 14 year old.  Aunt Martha's transfer patterns do not have one for goats.

Comments

Candy C. said…
Kristina,

Those are just TOO stinkin' cute! I would be interested in buying some goat designs for towels if you come up with some! :)
Anonymous said…
IH!!! i LOVE these! I have them on my craft to do list---with owls :0). I cannot WAIT until the routine of fall when I have scheduled THREE entire hours 3 days a week towards getting my crafts DONE instead of drooling over others' work! So nice!
Unknown said…
Cute! Nice to see someone's still doing the hope chest thing...
My son draws, so I plan on getting transfer paper for the goat pattern. If we are successful in coming up with pattern, I will let you know.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart