We did a lot of shoveling yesterday. We got some snow, and today we have the glory of frozen pipes. Luckily, I have spare jugs of drinking water, spare jugs of water for the pets and the chickens, and spare water to flush toilets. I'm feeling like a real pioneer woman, only without the outhouse. Although, right now, I wish we had one - ha ha ha!
The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with. I made a salad and cleaned the beans. The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so. The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract. It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling. I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time. Update soon. Chit Chat © August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart
Comments