Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, December 3, 2010

Laundry in the Snow

I was probably the only one in my county that put laundry out to dry while it was snowing.   It proved to be worth it.  The wind kicked up, and the sun came out.  Everything dried.

On another note, I finished a crocheted shawl for my 16 year-old for Christmas, using the 1/2 dc stitch.  Then today I made this "poncho" for my 11 year old with a rose colored yarn that would look great over a white turtle neck sweater.  Apologies in advance for the poor lighting in my house when I took this photo.
I did not use the yarn that the pattern called for, but used yarn a friend gave me.  It worked pretty well and I'm happy with the final poncho.  Here's the pattern I went by:  Posh Poncho.

No comments: