I have already split wood before today (by hand), but am making a goal to split one cord by myself. For every woman out there who has ever split a cord of wood by hand, I give you a great big hug. My fingers, thumbs, and wrists are so sore after today. We had many stump pieces about 3 feet wide by about 1 1/2 feet tall, that needed split. I definitely won't be splitting a full cord today.
The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with. I made a salad and cleaned the beans. The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so. The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract. It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling. I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time. Update soon. Chit Chat © August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments