I have a very happy 8 year-old daughter today. I finished her crocheted blanket, and she is so excited to curl up in it. I didn't get the chance to make final measurements (she ran off with it too fast - ha ha!), but it fits the top of a king mattress. I simply chose a pattern from an old library book, and chose colors at the store. Now I am so used to crocheting every night, I'm not sure what I will do with myself. I will be starting the next blanket for my 16 year-old daughter. She is deciding on colors for me to work with.
The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with. I made a salad and cleaned the beans. The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so. The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract. It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling. I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time. Update soon. Chit Chat © August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments