Skip to main content

Time for a Movie ~ Julie & Julia

First of all, let me say that I ordered this movie from the Interloan program at our local library.  I did have to wait several months, but it was free to watch.  Patience is a virtue, as they say.

Of course, like any movie today, there are parts that they could have left out.  Parts that would allow this movie to be more appropriate for the younger crowd.  I did enjoy it and found myself laughing hysterically when she cooked the lobsters.  My husband laughed when she had her break down - as he has seen me during a cooking moment as well.  It was very realistic, funny, and inspiring if you love to cook.

In fact, I went to the library and checked out the very same cookbook they use in the movie.  There are so many recipes that I can use with veggies from my garden.  Cucumber recipes, Eggplant recipes, and lots more.

Our local newspaper tends to rate all movie reviews with a poor review.  I think they gave this one a 2 1/2 star rating (out of 5).  It definitely deserves a higher rating.

Yesterday, while my husband was grocery shopping, he pushed his cart past the lobster tank.  He told me he almost came home with a few of them to cook.  I found this very funny!  I have never cooked lobster so this movie may have started something in our house. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
One of my FAV movies! My daughter and I have put it on our "go to" list when we want to feel good...to laugh...to simply enjoy life...to also be reminded "Is there anything better than BUTTER!!!".

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart