Skip to main content

Rag Rugs and Cleaning

"Honey did the closet swallow you up?" inquired my husband this morning.

Yes I got swallowed up and chewed up and spit out. However, now we can actually see the floor in there! Ha ha ha! Although there is not enough room for all my craft supplies, I have organized, decluttered and found two purses with stuff in them. One of them has a chewed up strap from a naughty dog.

I've even cut an old pillow case into strips to sew together for another rag rug, put those absolutely wonderful 3M hooks everywhere to get stuff off the floor (like my boxing gloves), and vacuumed up 2 hairy wolf spiders.

Amazingly, I will still have time to finish a second pair of crocheted slippers, close out my on-line pampered chef party, get some writing done, and make dinner. I'm taking advantage of this wonderful rainy day.

Before the snow arrives, I will have rolls of cut rags all ready for a winter rug project. I'll have handmade presents to share and bless with, and I'll be rested knowing that all the Christmas ornaments are made and in their assigned boxes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart