Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rag Rugs and Cleaning

"Honey did the closet swallow you up?" inquired my husband this morning.

Yes I got swallowed up and chewed up and spit out. However, now we can actually see the floor in there! Ha ha ha! Although there is not enough room for all my craft supplies, I have organized, decluttered and found two purses with stuff in them. One of them has a chewed up strap from a naughty dog.

I've even cut an old pillow case into strips to sew together for another rag rug, put those absolutely wonderful 3M hooks everywhere to get stuff off the floor (like my boxing gloves), and vacuumed up 2 hairy wolf spiders.

Amazingly, I will still have time to finish a second pair of crocheted slippers, close out my on-line pampered chef party, get some writing done, and make dinner. I'm taking advantage of this wonderful rainy day.

Before the snow arrives, I will have rolls of cut rags all ready for a winter rug project. I'll have handmade presents to share and bless with, and I'll be rested knowing that all the Christmas ornaments are made and in their assigned boxes.

No comments: