Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, November 28, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday

 We had our last Thanksgiving gathering, and we all laughed and joked about why I didn't have homemade rolls.  I took deviled eggs and cheesy potatoes, and there was not a drop left when we went home.





Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

The weather . . .

42/36°F, and rain mid week.


As I look outside my window . . .

It's cloudy, and looks like rain possibly.


Right now I am . . .

Filling the sink to wash the dishes from yesterday's gathering, loading the washing machine and looking up a recipe for using up the spaghetti squash.


Thinking and pondering. . .

Considering a getaway for our upcoming anniversary. It all depends on the progress of the living room.


How I am feeling . . .

Feeling a bit groggy from the holiday festivity adult drinks from yesterday.


Listening to . . .

The radio.


On the breakfast plate . . .

-leftover sausage/egg/cheese breakfast sandwich with Ezekiel bread.


What I am wearing . . .

T-shirt, pull over sweatshirt, and sweatpants.


On the reading pile . . .

Crochet patterns, and new recipes.


On the TV . . .

Yellowstone.


On the menu . . .

-Sloppy joes/Ezekiel bread, a spaghetti squash side
-Cajun sausage and beans (new crock pot recipe)
-leftovers


Looking around the house . . .

It's the same hot mess.


To-do list . . .

-laundry, wash bedding
-dishes
-make a breakfast
-clean out chicken roosts, and put clean straw in them
-order my husband new joggers
-check emails
-put dinner in the crock pot

From the camera . . .

I have nothing today, but plan to get pictures of current handiwork for tomorrow's post.

5 comments:

Luludou said...

Looks like you had a good Thanksgiving.
Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, I'm not sure if we are going a Christmas gathering this year. Everyone is busy and the kids have significant others to spend Christmas day with this year.

Jean said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! Oh, I haven't had cheesy potatoes forever, sounds so good. Hope you get to go on your getaway. Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Sherry Jolly said...

I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I need to catch up on Yellowstone! I'm an entire season behind. What is wrong with me? I was planning on Cajun sausage and beans this week too but my fiance decided to use up the sausage for something else! Maybe next week. Have a great one!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Jean

Thanks Sherry