Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, February 27, 2017

Bourbon Blueberry Banana Bread

Say that three times - Bourbon Blueberry Banana Bread.  Ha!

I made up the recipe.  Sort of.  I whipped up a loaf of it, and frosted it with an oh-so delicious, bourbon-y frosting.  Not kid friendly, but a guaranteed way to make your bread last longer if you do have kids. 

Oh, and I forgot the oil, but because I added blueberries, I was lucky it added some moisture to it.



I simply used a banana bread recipe, and added bourbon and blueberries.  This was very good. 

Now, if you were my neighbor, you'd be joining me for coffee or tea at 2pm today.  And some bourbon blueberry banana bread.

I'm off to exercise, but will be back to post my Homemaker Monday post too.   


2 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

It sounds and looks delicious! I have some rum I want to get rid of that may be the way to go! LOL!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, I think King Flour has a rum cake recipe. I can't remember, but if you google it, you may find one.