One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, January 20, 2017

Tidbits ~ Homemade Vaseline

Another one "bites the dust" bah, bah, bah, bah....you know that song right?  Ha!  Got another "unfinished" project done.

 
Free Printable Pattern, by Lily Sugar n' Cream yarn:  Scrubby Posey Pattern
 

....and a dishcloth that has been on my needles the entire summer.  Boom!  Done!

And I didn't have to get into PJ's at 3pm to do it.  Although I joked with Hubby that I should run my own "crochet" marathon, and do the 3pm thing for 3 days straight.  I could use the time to get that scrap blanket done before winter is over.

I sort of earned the time.  I delivered over 150 books to the thrift (oh my back).  I also pulled another 20 books to donate, and have one more bookshelf to purge (and dust, cough, cough). 

Here is the link to the homemade "vaseline" I make:  

Homemade "Vaseline"  

5 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

You're inspiring me! Thank you for the recipe and ti just so happens that I have the ingredients! I love your washcloth with the scrubbie in the middle....so cute! Share the pattern please or where you got it. Have a great day!

Mama Pea said...

Wow, you really have been purging your book inventory! Good for you. Could you send a note to my husband about how it really feels good to do it, please?

Michelle said...

Please do a post on how you did the washcloth. PRETTY PLEASE

Kristina said...

Sam I Am, and Michelle, the pattern is from Sugar and Cream yarns, now online known as another name. It's still printable and free online here: http://www.yarnspirations.com/patterns/scrubby-posey.html

I'll add it to the post up above too.

Kristina said...

Mama Pea, I purged more books the other day, along with CD's, and VHS tapes. Oh, the thrift better not get sick of seeing me. I have more to go through. Not sure how I finally accepted I needed to purge, but it sure feels good. I'll feel so much better when I visit used books stores, knowing for every book I buy, I get rid of one too. Or pass it on.