Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, January 20, 2017

Tidbits ~ Homemade Vaseline

Another one "bites the dust" bah, bah, bah, bah....you know that song right?  Ha!  Got another "unfinished" project done.

 
Free Printable Pattern, by Lily Sugar n' Cream yarn:  Scrubby Posey Pattern
 

....and a dishcloth that has been on my needles the entire summer.  Boom!  Done!

And I didn't have to get into PJ's at 3pm to do it.  Although I joked with Hubby that I should run my own "crochet" marathon, and do the 3pm thing for 3 days straight.  I could use the time to get that scrap blanket done before winter is over.

I sort of earned the time.  I delivered over 150 books to the thrift (oh my back).  I also pulled another 20 books to donate, and have one more bookshelf to purge (and dust, cough, cough). 

Here is the link to the homemade "vaseline" I make:  

Homemade "Vaseline"  

5 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

You're inspiring me! Thank you for the recipe and ti just so happens that I have the ingredients! I love your washcloth with the scrubbie in the middle....so cute! Share the pattern please or where you got it. Have a great day!

Mama Pea said...

Wow, you really have been purging your book inventory! Good for you. Could you send a note to my husband about how it really feels good to do it, please?

Michelle said...

Please do a post on how you did the washcloth. PRETTY PLEASE

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, and Michelle, the pattern is from Sugar and Cream yarns, now online known as another name. It's still printable and free online here: http://www.yarnspirations.com/patterns/scrubby-posey.html

I'll add it to the post up above too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I purged more books the other day, along with CD's, and VHS tapes. Oh, the thrift better not get sick of seeing me. I have more to go through. Not sure how I finally accepted I needed to purge, but it sure feels good. I'll feel so much better when I visit used books stores, knowing for every book I buy, I get rid of one too. Or pass it on.