One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

More Auntie Mail


In the recent box my Aunt sent me, there were a few more items to share. 




... a loom for No-Needle Knitting.  The instructions she sent me are the original pages from a 1978 Woman's Circle Magazine.  How cool is that?

...and she sent me some vintage stencils for decorating fabric and such.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

How dos that no needle knitting work? Looks very interesting .

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

That's cool. I'd be interested in seeing some knitting from this thing?
Are you going to try using it?

Pat

Kristina said...

Yes, I plan to use it. The pattern pages includes instructions on how many nails to drive in to it too. I just don't know when I will have time, but I do plan to give it a whirl.

Kristina said...

Michelle,
I haven't read over the instructions, but it appears you use a hook of some sort to remove it from the nails (after I hammer those in).

Candy C. said...

How FUN!! I can't wait to see how it works! :)