One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Sunrise ~ Bringing in the Christmas Season


Up early, to start the cooking, I glanced outside to see the most beautiful sunrise.  


While taking a few photos, I noticed a jet flying right through the clouds.  Imagine what those passengers saw in their window.  Gorgeous.


 I put together a cute clothespin ornament over at S.C.R.A.P.  I hope to have a few more before the special day arrives.


 Yesterday, while crocheting in my reading chair, I glanced out to see two cardinals in the evergreen tree.  By the time I got out there, I only got this one photo.  They were singing and flying around together.

However, while I was out there, I noticed the lack of highway traffic, and the absolute peace and quiet.  Although I won't be able to drive south on the highway (due to the next little town hooking up to city water and sewer and roads closed) without a detour, I will enjoy this quiet time.  Every day, cars, trucks, and semi's pass on a constant basisNow, we have long breaks from even seeing a vehicle pass.  Oh, I am so going to enjoy this time.  Detour or not.  

Happy Thanksgiving! 

   

3 comments:

larkspur funny farm said...

Sending Love, Light and Peace from my farm to yours - Blessings

Candy C. said...

Happy Thanksgiving! What a beautiful sunrise and how fun to get to see the cardinals! Enjoy your peace and quiet from the traffic! :)

EMMA said...

Love the snowman, will be trying this this weekend with my boys!