One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Key Chain Collection

(Soon to be on my S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot)


I have a another collection that I started collecting around 1981 (best that I can remember) - key chains.


Despite living a more self-sufficient lifestyle, key chains are still an inspiration for me.  I try to buy one from every place I visit.  Some of them were also gifted to me.  Some I make myself.

This one I made recycling an empty pill bottle.  I'll try to get the directions written on my S.C.R.A.P. blog soon.  I won't be using this keychain, as it contains shells from the last island trip with hubby.  It's more of a "memory" key chain.

I wonder if the Pioneers collecting anything?  Possibly marbles, dolls or buttons?  Our world today in America is "more."  Everything is in abundance. 

I do have plans to display my collection.  The "where" and "when" hasn't been decided on yet.

4 comments:

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Yes... I believe they collected things like... string, flour sacks,buttons, etc. They repurposed all that stuff.
I know your question is probably rhetorical...but you know me, I always have to share my thoughts. :)
So you've collected pens and keychains.
I don't know what I've collected. Because I 'keep' so much because it appeals to me. There is a difference right? Between collecting and keeping...?

have a nice Sunday, Pat

Kristina said...

Thanks Pat, I really did wonder what they collected or kept. I imagine the flour sacks were so useful and buttons too.

Candy C. said...

I like your keepsake keychain, very cute! :)
I keep thinking what it would be like to not have so much "stuff" but I can't ever decide what to get rid of. :(

EMMA said...

I like your keychain and what a lovely way to keep and display little objects.
Please post pictures of your collection I would love to see them all.