One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Escape the Ordinary

The grass is still wet from the rains we got yesterday, but I picked a lot of tomatoes.  I canned peach salsa, but actually had to buy jalapeno peppers from a produce stand.

I won't be updating the canning stats today, as my computer virus protections is blocking a Trogan when I click on "layout" on blogger.  I hope they fix that soon.

I picked enough broccoli to blanch and freeze another quart bag. 

Our buckling is not selling, so he's at the vet today.  He'll be a wether and trained with a harness, and hopefully still sell.

Today, I am yearning for "island time" - no worries, no hurries.

Hubby and I continue to enjoy the photos we took, and hope to get another "escape" in, before winter arrives.

2 comments:

Candy C. said...

Island time, sounds wonderful! (sigh)

Michelle said...

Beautiful photos