One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tea Time in Tanganyika

Have you ever wondered where the phrase "tea time in Tanganyika" came from?  I have yet to find out.

It's a saying my Dad used to ask me when I got overwhelmed, frustrated, or just plain upset about something.  He'd ask me, "is it tea time in Tanganika?" and I would profess to him "yes!"

Wednesday's "tea time" reminded me of those days, although I was not overwhelmed and frustrated. Having tea on the porch has been a long time enjoyment.  A lot of memories have been, and are, created there.
 A view on my porch 

A view from my porch. . .

... another view from my porch

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Daffodils next to grape hyacinths... I have that same view!!!

nancypo said...

Pretty, I need to do a "high tea" sometime!

Candy C. said...

Great views, both on and from the porch! :)

Katmom said...

Oh My Word! the only view from my proch/balcony( right noe) is deer hoof prints in the snow! I would give anything to see a few blossoms...althought I did notice a few days ago ( before yesterdays snow)that my tulips are poking their heads up through the ground! yippeeee!
Happy Friday....
>^..^<

Sam I Am...... said...

Beautiful Springtime here too. One of the prettiest I remember. I miss my screened in porch I had on the farm. It was just like adding on a room in the Summertime. Looks so relaxing with everything you need there! Oh, maybe some needlework and a good book or magazine....enjoy!