Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, December 5, 2011

More Handmade Ornaments

There are still so many that I have not photographed to share.  Here is one that I posted a "how to" on my S.C.R.A.P. blog:


 How to Make a Frosty the Snowman Treat Container (this project has an ornament as part of it - cute! 


How to Make a Cinnamon Stick Christmas Tree Ornament 



A styrofoam heart decoupaged with old stamps
Visit S.C.R.A.P. to get the directions.

All 15 ornament "how to's" on my S.C.R.A.P. blog. 


And even more that I have made:


Strawberries made with felt, thread, ribbon and clear beads.

Christmas tree made by sewing fabric yo-yo's together, and a bell at the bottom for a tree stem.
Note:  How to make this one is now on S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot

Mini plastic shoe, painted and embellished with glitter, and sequins.  These tiny shoes were also found at the dollar store in the wedding supplies.

Gingerbread cookie ornament made from cut pieces of craft foam and embellished with textured paints and permanent marker.

Made from shrinky dink plastic (can also be made from stencil plastic, and embellished with plastic beads and textured paints.  I made several shapes with this idea.

Strawberries made with thread and stacked beads.

Made with thread and stacking various plastic beads.

Made from plastic canvas and yarn.  It holds money.

Made from a metal frozen juice can lid, and painted with acrylic paints.  It is glued to a wooden popsicle stick and wrapped in plastic to look like a lollipop.

Made by wrapping a styrofoam ball with scrap yarn, and the needles are made from thin wooden doll rods and wooden beads.

Pink ribbon angels made from golf tees, feathers, ribbon, and beads from a pink ribbon bracelet that broke.  It's topped with a small piece of gold chenille stem.

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

Thank you very much for these ideas! They are beautiful and I hope to be able to make some of them with DD this year!

dr momi said...

I especially like the cinnamon stick christmas tree. Thanks for all the ideas!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Eeekkk...squeals of delight at all of your super cute homemade Christmas ornaments ;) :) Very cute :) :) Have a great week. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Nancy Jo said...

Oh they are all so cute! I too like the Cinnamon stick idea. You are just to handy.
Nancy Jo

Candy C. said...

Very cute! I like the cinnamon stick tree too with the buttons!

Joanne said...

Do you remember where you got the pattern for the Plastic Canvas Santa Money Holder?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Joanne, I'll look in my and see where I got it. I just have to go help with barn chores and bottle feed a few goats first. I will check for you and get back with you.

Joanne said...

Awww feeding the baby goats must be fun. Thank you I appreciate it.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Joanne, the goats are a lot of fun. I found my original ornament, and the reason I don't have a printed pattern resource, is that I made it myself. I'll be working up a post to show how I made it. Hopefully I can find a way to make easy instructions.

Joanne said...

Oh cool I look forward to seeing your instructions for it.

Thanks