One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Birthday Party and More Gifting

We'll spend today cleaning house.  My 9 year-old daughter has a birthday party tomorrow.  I can still remember when she was born.  I begged the hospital to let me bring her home Christmas Eve.  They dig too.  It was the best Christmas present that year.

Yesterday I found out that the other side of our family (husband's) is having a Christmas party on Friday night also (hmpf!).  I didn't know about it prior to making arrangements for our little one's first every birthday sleepover party.

I ran out of my fun checkered lids for gifting, but canned another 8 - 1/2 pints of Cinnamon-Cider Jelly.  I have yet to can some for my own family.  Maybe after the holidays pass, I can relax and make some for ourselves.  I need to place tags and toppers on these jars and they will be ready to give on Friday night (husband's family party).  I sure hope I canned enough.
 

3 comments:

Candy C. said...

It's so hard when there are two sides of the family to contend with at the Holidays!
Have fun with the birthday sleepover! :)

ღ soraya ღ said...

nice post thanks for sharing...blessings soraya

Mooberry Farmwife said...

Cinnamon cider jelly sounds delicious! Your gift recipients are very blessed to receive such lovely homemade gifts. :)