One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kid Funny

"Mom I had a terrible dream last night," said by my 9 year old daughter.

"Really?"

"Yes, I dreamed that I had to share my slippers!"

I am busy crocheting, and previously tried a new pattern.  I'm wanted one that would last.  The ones I made her 2 years ago have already split open in the toe and are not too thick on the bottom.  As soon as I finished the pair in her size, she had them on her feet.


I like the fact that these have an inner insert for added thickness.  Who knew my daughter would be wanting them?

I have to say though, I will be trying other versions of slipper patterns.  I am sure they will all be wanting a new pair next Christmas too.

No comments: