Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

If my kids had a video camera. . .

My kids would have filmed me last night if they had the chance.  I was be-bopping back and forth in the kitchen trying to get all of the garden veggies sliced and diced for roasting.  I typically have things under control, but not last night.

After I put the baking dish of delicious and fresh vegetables in my oven, I started to make stove top tuna and noodle - a family favorite.  It took me 15 minutes to realize I forgot to add the potatoes and carrots to the roasting pan, quickly pulled it out.

"Oh no! I love potatoes," said my thirteen-year-old daughter

I was frantically moving around the kitchen (potato and carrot peelings flying in mid air), between one pot on the stove top, and preparing the potatoes and carrots, when my sixteen-year-old said, "gosh Mom we need to catch you on film.  We'd make a lot of money on funniest videos with you!"

Now doesn't that make a mother proud? Ha ha!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I sneeze really funny and my hubby is always teasing me that he needs to film it and send it to America's Funniest Videos. LOL

Have a wonderful day.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Amy, that's so funny!