Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Two of my children are lucky to be alive ....

I have not had the time to blog because two of my children were in an accident.  There was not another vehicle.  I was an icy, curvy, country road and a telephone pole.  My son was okay, but his sister went to a second hospital for surgery.  Her jaw was broken in 3 places.  Here is the van.  My daughter's seat belt failed, and both air bags did not deploy.   My daughter's jaw hit the dash and her forehead his the windshield, cracking it.  Thankfully, she does not have spinal injury nor a head injury.  She is recovering pretty well considering.

The second photo is taken from the inside of the van.  It's where my daughter's chin cracked the dash and where her head cracked the windshield.







No comments: