Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Muscle Rub

I made Hubby and I a muscle rub yesterday.  I adapted a recipe to use my calendula oil, mixed with coconut oil (but when my arnica is up and ready to pick, I'll be making it with that).  


If this helps, I'll be posting my recipe.  Until then, say a prayer it works.  We have a garden to put in, and the remainder of a felled tree still needs cleaned up. 

But...


But...

It's "bike week" and Hubby took a few days off work.  Hm.  I do declare, I will not be getting as much planting in as I wanted to (ha ha!).

He deserves it, so I won't complain.  And it rained last night, so all the seeds I have planted are soaking it up without my help.  Yay! 

Bike week is a week dedicated to those who ride a motorcycle (a bike rally)- events, concerts, drawings, poker runs, only $5 passage to get over to the island (woo hoo!), and lots more.  I'll be needing that muscle rub.

 


4 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

You both deserve 'time off' so enjoy yourselves but be safe!

Rain said...

Have fun with your bike week activities! I hope the rub works, I could use something for the sore achy muscles right now!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, thanks! We ride with helmets, leather boots, coats and gloves. The saying goes...."dress for the slide not the ride."

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, so far I am very pleased with it. I think arnica oil would be even better, so I can't wait to get blossoms. Rain is due today (Sunday) but it's too wet to garden from last night's rain, so we can't garden nor mow, nor ride the bike. I hear a porch calling Or dirty dishes. The porch wins.