Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Random Tidbits ~ We have a Winner!

I am still deep cleaning, sorting, tossing, and donating.  The kitchen has been an obstacle course for a few weeks.  Book shelves moved out, more piles of books to donate, misc. items stacked in piles ready to be bagged....and I started on my roll top desk.

I have to admit, I dreaded the desk cleaning.

Oh the guilt that flooded me for all those lost days of writing.  Oh the joys of finding things again.  

I found 3 long lost, large eye needles and a needle threader I had been looking for.  They were all in the bottom of a can used for pencils in my desk.
  

I also found love notes from my husband.   The love notes have already been put in the album I made for our special times together.  So funny.  Glad I kept them too.  

I got paper out and tried every single pen (to see if it worked) in my desk.  If it worked it found a home, if not, the trash.  I sorted colored pencils, and those are where the kids can access them now, along with highlighters, pencils and markers.  I may put the colored pencil in the camper "fun" box.  I have zentangle, a deck of cards, pad of paper, pen, and word search books in it now.  

My 17 year-old and I deposited a large car load of items to the "donation" door, and we have picked up paint chips. Things are moving along.
 

Ding!  Ding!  Ding!  

And my husband thanks you all for entering and taking these lovely items into your home (and out of mine, ha ha!).  Since my 17 year-old took so much joy and laughter to this event, she was the one to draw the name.

The winner of the blog giveaway is:  Kim at Fiber and Flea Village.

Please email me ( I emailed you via your blog info), or post a message with your contact info, so I can ship you this box of goodies.  Thank you all for entering too.
 

 

4 comments:

Kim said...

Yippy! I never win anything and this week I hit the jackpot. I sent you an email. You are such an inspiration with all your cleaning and purging. I hope to really get going soon. But it seems other things always need doing!

Katmom said...

Kristina,,, I have to laugh at your comment about checking each andf every pen... how on earth do we manage to accumulate so many Pens!!! lol! I swear,, I go through my (many jars) pens and 1/2 don't work,, and honestly,,, I don't even know where they come from,,, maybe they are cloned??? lol!

Kudos on your Spring cleaning/sorting and getting a grip on things,,, I wish you lived closer,, I'd find a way to bribe you to come over and help me get started! lolol!
hugz

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

You are welcome Kim. I'm so happy to make someone else happy with my stash. I am happy to clean house too, ha ha!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Katmom, I have no idea how I got so many pens, ha ha! I know we won't have a shortage of those, ha ha! I would love to have you as a neighbor.