Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, January 13, 2017

...from the handiwork journal


The baby blanket is finally finished.  I used the diamond pattern that I used for two other previous blankets.  I edged it in a row of white and pink to give it a different look.

I crocheted a newborn baby beanie to go with it.  Just for fun!
I hope the gift recipient and my cousin (buying it) likes it.



...I found the pattern that goes to this blanket, and started back on it. No one wants to crochet a large blanket when it's warm out, so I'm taking advantage of cooler weather.

I'll be back to post about our nasty weather and my cleaning spree....the cleaning that keeps on keeping on.... 
 



8 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Your handwork is beautiful, Kristina! (Feels good to have that baby blanket done, doesn't it?)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I love the pink baby set you crocheted! The pattern is lovely and I know it's going to be well received!

Sam I Am...... said...

Your crocheted blankets are beautiful! I love them both! The hat is precious too. My Aunt used to crochet those chevron blankets all time. Every time I see one i think of her. I should make one in her memory and call it my Aunt Bernice blanket. Good job...you do beautiful work.

RB said...

The baby blanket and beanie are gorgeous. Our Grandmother made ripple blankets like the second one below. It's a great way to use up random odds and ends of yarn too.
Prayers everyone's having a great weekend, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, thank you. Yes, it was wonderful to finally be done with it.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Grateful Prayer, I found the pattern online for free. Thank you!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Sam I Am!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you RB!