I finally dug out my swatch book, and put a cover to it. I could have decoupaged it, painted it, and so many other ways. However, I simply used a piece of stationary and printed it from the computer.
Here is a peek inside my journal/book. I simply bought tab dividers with color tabs already adhered. I don't have all the colors, but it's pretty easy to use with the ones do have. I can also add more by using cardstock and adding a tab.
For yarns, I simply adhere a piece of the dyed yarn to the page, and write what mordant I used, the material I used, the date and then a year later I update if the color held.
For example, I dyed a 100% cotton doily that I crocheted, using red onion skins a year ago. It has since faded from not using a mordant. I did not have a yarn swatch, so I printed photos of the before and after, wrote down information, and punched the page with a 3-hole punch. I added it to the journal for reference.
On my recent hikes around our 6 acres, and into and along the woods, I discovered rosehips. I decided to pick them and use them as a dye to dye wool yarn.
Today the chimney sweep comes. Finally.
I've got another busy day today, despite how I am feeling. I woke with both eyes burning and itching and watering. Fall allergies are here with a bang. I hope to get a small break in the day, after laundry gets put on the line, kitchen swept and mopped, canning completed, and so forth.