Skip to main content

Homemade Noodles ~ Crackly Pear Cake

At the end of last year's season, I invested in my dehydrator and this Marcato Pasta Maker.  It came with only one attachment, so I am using the above cut, for noodles.  Hopefully, by next season, I will have attachments for lasagna, ravioli, and more.


I couldn't really find answers via the Internet, about drying noodles to freeze.  One site said you didn't have to dry them completely if freezing them, and you can boil them frozen later.  

I'm experimenting with this type of stocking up this year, and will dry some completely as well.  I think a dinner with fresh noodles is in the making this week too.


I also baked Crackly Pear Cake recipe again, saving the egg yolk for more noodles.

Comments

Kim said…
Good Morning! I make homemade noodles but I cut them all by hand. I like a thicker handcut noodle. And yes I dry them before freezer and cook from the frozen state.
Mmmm...fresh noodles.
I might make some today too. I've got some chicken that is cooking right now. Honey love homemade noodles.
I almost bought one of these pasta makers at a yard sale for cheap of course...but, it didn't have a handle. I didn't know how hard it would have been to find one via internet.
Thinking back, I wish I had. Apparently it isn't hard to find replacements for these things!
I keep hoping they have another sale...and might put it back out there.
They had a ton of stuff!

```Pat
caprejan said…
We can buy fresh egg pasta here in Italy and I freeze it all the time, and just cook it the normal way. Have you tried making gnocchi with potatoes and flour we can buy dried ones too
I have not made gnocchi. It sounds wonderful.

Thank you all for your tips on freezing noodles.
Candy C. said…
I bought a pasta maker attachment for my KitchenAid mixer but haven't had a whole lot of luck with it. Your noodles look perfect! :)
RUA2J said…
I freeze my noodles after making them! I let them dry enough to not be sticky & then put them in containers to freeze. It is a wonderful way to use excess eggs up! I just cook them from the frozen state for about 20 minutes in my soup broth.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart