One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Homemade Goat's Milk Ricotta Cheese

 (draining after the rinse)

I used 4 1/2 quarts of goat's milk
to make ricotta cheese for the first time.  I used a recipe I found on Mother Earth News.

I have a few recipes to try, so this may not be the only one we make.



4 comments:

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I made what I think was Ricotta Cheese. I used the leftover milk from the jug of store bought! I couldn't believe it turned out as well as it did.
I have no idea what I did with the recipe. I didn't know you could use blinky milk. But it worked!
It was crumbly and good. I had enough to add to macaroni and some of it went on a salad.

have fun with those goats!
Pat

nancy said...

Ooo, you could make some good desserts with that :)

Candy C. said...

YAY for cheese making! :)

Sam I Am...... said...

Good for you! I haven't tried it yet but I use lots from Mother Earth News. They have wonderful information.
Let us know how you like it.